Jay Elowsky grew up in Bay City, Michigan. Restless and ready to explore life on the West Coast, he moved to Southern California and took a job washing dishes for his Aunt Kathy and Uncle Sonny, proprietors of “Sonny’s Pizza” in San Clemente.
After a year of hitting the books at CU Boulder, Jay realized the restaurant business was where his heart was. He returned to Uncle Sonny’s kitchen—learning to cook and spending the next six years perfecting the family recipes that had been passed down to him by “MaMa Genovese”, whose grandmother was the cook for the first King of the United Countries of Italy, Victor Emanuel the Second.
With dreams to open his own restaurant, Jay settled back in Boulder. In September of 1988, Jay and his Mom (Jean) and Dad (Lowell) opened the first “Pasta Jay’s” at 9th and Pearl.
Now almost three decades later—besides the Boulder eatery there are Pasta Jay’s in Moab, UT and Hays, KS.
Proud of his culinary heritage—Jay enthusiastically states, “Generations later we still use our family recipes to create food fit for a king!”
OUR OPERATING VALUES
- Passion – for outstanding food and exceptional service
- Attention to detail – provide extensive training to consistently uphold the highest standards with a sense of urgency
- Swarm Service – exceeding expectations in caring for our co-workers, customers and community
- Team – building trust through communication, support, accountability and respect
- A restaurant you can call home, where employees and customers are family.