20 minutes of prep; 30 in the oven at 400°
Tip from Pasta Jay: You can always add more Pasta Jay’s Marinara to your liking.
Jar of Pasta Jay’s Classic Marinara
9 pasta tubes or fresh pasta sheets
18 oz. ricotta cheese
1 TBL dried basil
1 TSP black pepper
2 cups mozzarella (for ricotta mixture)
1 cup mozzarella (for topping)
- Pre-heat your oven to 400°.
- Start by warming your Pasta Jay’s Classic Marinara in a large pot.
- Boil your pasta tubes as per box directions. Cook to al dente. (If using fresh pasta sheets, no cooking necessary)
- Place ground beef in a medium-large non-stick pan, over a medium-high heat. Breaking up the ground beef into equal size pieces as it cooks. You’re looking for your meat to brown in color.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together: the ricotta cheese, dried basil, black pepper, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, and browned ground beef.
- Fill your pre-cooked pasta tubes or fresh sheets with your ricotta cheese and meat mixture.
- Line your oven safe baking dish with the pre-heated Pasta Jay’s Classic Marinara. Place manicotti in the dish and top with more marinara. Top with remaining cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes, looking for crispy edges on shells and bubbling marinara sauce.
- You can always add more Pasta Jay’s Marinara to your liking.